Saturday, June 9, 2012

Amelia helping us move our couch!
 The last week and a half has been a whirlwind! We moved out of our house and into five different houses since May 31st! I packed up and left my classroom that I have taught in for the last five years, and watched students that I love walk across the stage at their graduation. We couldn't have done all this without help: thank yous are in order!

 Thank you to Mary Price and the awesome Price family for allowing us to housesit for them so that we wouldn't have to commute for CJ's last week of school! I hope we didn't make too big of a mess in your gorgeous house! 

My view at work for the last 5 years!
 Thank you to the lovely Lozas, who not only threw us a touching farewell party but also let us stay with them last night! 

 And thank you to Carl and Mary Fielstra for letting our clan move in with you for the rest of the time until we leave for Haiti! The kids are so happy to have grandma and poppa close by for a few days!

Driving away from our beautiful Harveston neighborhood
 Thank you to everyone who has offered us support and prayers for our trip. I regret that I didn't spend more time getting to know so many of the amazing people surrounding me until I had to start saying goodbye. I cried so much this week! Love you all! Now it is time to take care of our last details and get packed for Haiti!

No comments:

Post a Comment