Monday, March 5, 2012

Words from Haiti

Just a quick update to let you know that I heard from Carl today and his trip is going well. He is not yet able to send pictures, I will post those as soon as I get them. I posted this on Facebook tonight:

Krystal Fielstra
I had a great talk with Carl tonight! He loves the kids at the orphanage and thinks that we may be able to fix up a clinic on site to live in. We will have to try to ship everything over... a stove, washer, bathtub, Tylenol, etc. They have nothing there, and the country is absolutely destitute. I can't wait to post pictures from his trip! I'm so proud of him and can't wait to see him when he gets home Wednesday. — with Fielstra Carl.

I have no idea how we will raise the money for plane tickets plus the $450 it costs to ship cargo down, plus all of the things we will need in order to live (very simply). I have to trust that if this is what we are supposed to do with our lives then everything will work out. It has been working out so far, and we are now even closer to this life changing move!

No comments:

Post a Comment