Sunday, April 1, 2012

Food Thoughts


      
Things I will be researching today… Food Preparation

  • How long do I have to boil water to completely kill cholera and kill any bacteria or viruses?
  •  How will I design meals without relying on a refrigerator? How long do eggs and other basics last unrefrigerated? 
  • How much does peanut butter cost in Haiti? Powdered milk? What meals will we be having? (I should probably start weaning my kids off of their steady diet of Honey Nut Cheerios, Uncrustables, and frozen pizza, haha!)      

  • Our current plan is to cook using a propane camping stove! We have one in the garage, I should probably figure out how to use it without burning off my eyebrows. I’ve heard those don’t grow back!
  • What seeds can I bring to plant that will grow in Haiti’s climate and poor soil?
  • We have a mango tree in our front yard, I should research some simple mango recipes!
  • What are all the other questions I should be looking into? So much to think about! If any of you know the answers to these questions or have advice for me, please let me know. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment