Monday, October 1, 2012

First Day of School in Haiti!

Today was a BIG DAY at Good Rest and for all of Haiti... the first day of school! The kids were all happy and excited to start school today, and all of the girl's hair was beautiful! I am so impressed with Sherlie for getting all of the the kids enrolled and putting together the many things needed to get everyone ready for school today, she did a great job!
Walking with all our kids on their first day of school!
These handsome boys were the first ones to get to school... after a stop by our house for a picture :)

Some of our cute girls entering the door of their school!
I do realize that the kids may have thought I was a little crazy... I tried to explain that in America we love to take pictures of our kids on the first day of school. Hopefully some of my happiness for them made it through translation!

We know that school and so many things would not be possible without the sponsorship money donated by caring people to the kids here. Thank you to every sponsor and to Children's Heritage. I wish I could bottle up the kid's amazing smiles and send them to you - today was a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment